Jen provides some personal and timely research in this episode in honor of Pride. We discuss the practice of conversion therapy, how it has changed over time, and the impact it has had on the queer community. At the end of the day, this practice is torture and we hope that this episode plays some small part in ending the existence of conversion therapy.
Run Time: 43 minutes, 02 seconds
- About Conversion Therapy – The Trevor Project
- Gay Conversion Therapy’s Disturbing 19th-Century Origins
- Gay Conversion Therapy is a Dangerous Lie
- First Study Shows Pivotal Role of Parents in Conversion Efforts to Change LGBT Adolescents’ Sexual Orientation
- List of U.S. Jurisdictions Banning Conversion Therapy