Helicopter Parent. The term is usually uttered with rolled eyes and snide remarks. But when you take into account the circumstances of the 1980s & 1990s, it seems that this shift to overbearing parenting was somewhat inevitable. Come along with us as Diane details the history of the rise of the helicopter parent.
Run Time: 51 minutes, 48 seconds
- What is Helicopter Parenting?
- What Is Helicopter Parenting? Experts Say It’s Too Much For Kids
- Helicopter Parent on Wikipedia
- The four cultural shifts that led to the rise of the helicopter parent
- BYU identifies three types of helicopter parents in recent study