Spit has seemingly endless examples of cultural significance throughout the world. It’s with that in mind, that Jen travelled down the spit in parenting rabbit hole. At times shocking and gross (especially in our Pandemic World), these traditions also have a primal, earthy beauty to them. Jen makes the case for the poetry and intimacy of spit.
Run Time: 28 minutes, 08 seconds
- Spit in a Baby’s Face! It’s Good Luck!
- Ftou Ftou Ftou: Why Greeks Might Spit at You
- Ftou Ftou: Why Greeks Associate Spitting With Good Luck
- Jewish Concepts: Superstition of Spitting Three Times
- The Spitting of the Maasai – Jen somehow missed this during the episode, but the spitting traditions of the Maasai are fascinating and well worth a read.