You may be wondering why we are talking about a Supreme Court case on a show about the history of parenting, right? Well, we have the answer! The landmark Supreme Court decision in Connecticut vs. Griswold changed family life in America forever. We’ve all heard the term “family planning,” but believe it or not before the 1960s this idea was not nearly as widely known or accepted. So what happened in 1965 that spurred on this radical shift in thinking about the way we plan births and children? You’ll have to listen to find out!
Run Time: 24 minutes, 55 seconds
- Oyez: Griswold v Connecticut
- Landmark Cases: Griswold v Connecticut
- Estelle Griswold, CT Women’s Hall of Fame
- Planned Parenthood’s description of the case
- This Podcast Will Kill You, episode 60
Podcast: Play in new window | Download