Run Time: 32 minutes, 23 seconds
The history of children’s clothing leads Jen and Diane to some unexpected places. They learn about the practice of breaching and how fashion was used as a way to show male dominance. Jen also tries her best to adequately describe skeleton suits and creeping aprons, because their names aren’t super helpful. Come learn something new in this episode and try not to let your jaw hit the floor.
- History of Children’s Clothing
- Children’s Clothing
- Children’s Clothing (Wikipedia)
- Researching Historical Children’s Wear
- Essay on the History of Children’s Clothing
- Some Historical Trends in Children’s Clothing